Replacement car before travel
How does this cover compare against other insurers.
Our policies provide cover in the event of a breakdown occurring within 7 days of a journey starting. Please note the AA, RAC, Call Assist, AXA and QDOS won't provide any cover at all prior to your departure from your home.
|Levels of Cover
|Problem before you leave
UK: Vehicle rental costs
What is covered:
In the event of a breakdown occurring to the insured vehicle within 7 days before your journey begins (but not before the date your policy was issued) we will do the following;
Arrange assistance at your home or the roadside and recovery to the nearest repairer (if required).
We will arrange and pay up to the amount shown in the benefits schedule for a replacement vehicle if;
- the insured vehicle cannot be repaired or recovered prior to the start of your journey, or;
- the insured vehicle is stolen within 7 days before your journey begins (but not before the date your policy was issued) and not recovered or replaced prior to your journey.
Important - What is not covered:
- a. any repairs to the insured vehicle that are not described in this section.
- b. any insured vehicle which has not been serviced to the manufacturer’s recommendations and kept in a safe and roadworthy condition.
- c. any insured vehicle which has a recurring electrical or mechanical fault.
- d. any help or payment if the breakdown service cannot get to your insured vehicle because of bad weather.
- e. the cost of essential spare parts or repair costs at a garage.
Under replacement vehicle
- a. the cost of any personal accident insurance.
- b. the cost of any fuel or oil used.
Please also refer to the general conditions and general exclusions applying to all sections.