Loss of use of the Insured Vehicle
|Levels of Cover
|Vehicle out of action:
Local hotel costs
|Vehicle out of action: Car
hire or onward travel costs
What is covered:
We will help arrange and pay for the following if during your journey you cannot use the insured vehicle for at least 8 hours because of theft or breakdown and it cannot be repaired or recovered within that time.
Replacement vehicle or additional transport costs
Up to the amount shown in the benefits schedule for the cost of hiring a replacement vehicle or the necessary additional transport costs to enable you to;
- continue to your journey destination and back again to collect the insured vehicle after being repairer, or
- return to your home in the United Kingdom.
For each person insured up to the amount shown in the benefits schedule for the cover you have chosen for extra hotel or bed and breakfast accommodation to stay in the location where the insured vehicle was recovered, until the repairs have been done.
Important - What is not covered:
- a. any costs after the insured vehicle is available and can be driven.
- b. the cost of any personal accident insurance.
- c. the cost of any fuel or oil used.
- d. any hotel or bed and breakfast arrangements if your main accommodation is a tent.
- e. any sundry expenses resulting from an incident claimed for under this section. For example telephone or mobile phone calls, faxes, food and drink.
- f. any costs incurred (other than a replacement vehicle) if the insured vehicle has a breakdown, in the United Kingdom, on the outward journey to continental Europe and you want to continue with your journey.
- g. the cost of a replacement vehicle if you have already got one under section 1 - cover before you leave.
Please also refer to the general conditions and general exclusions applying to all sections.