Expenses incurred when collecting car from abroad
|Levels of Cover
|Car left abroad: Costs if
you choose to collect
What is covered
We will help arrange and pay for the following;
The necessary cost of travel for one person to travel to and from the United Kingdom to collect the insured vehicle up to the amount shown in the benefits schedule.
The cost of storing the insured vehicle for the necessary time before and after the repair has been done up to the amount shown in the benefits schedule.
We will provide this cover if either of the following apply;
- the repairs, following a breakdown, can be done within 5 days but not before you are due to return to the United Kingdom, or
- the insured vehicle was stolen and is only found after your return to the United Kingdom and can be driven legally and is mechanically safe.
Important - What is not covered:
- a. any journey within the United Kingdom.
- b. the cost of insurance to cover collecting the insured vehicle.
- c. you will still be covered under this motor breakdown insurance policy when the insured vehicle is collected before the end of your journey as shown on your journey confirmation.
Please also refer to the general conditions and general exclusions applying to all sections.